Holy Family Bilingual School is located on the grounds of Our Little Roses, in San Pedro Sula, Honduras. It started as a day school for the girls in the home and then expanded to offer a bilingual education for children living near the home.
Over the years they have expanded the program all the way to include the 11th grade, which is the highest level of high school in Honduras.
While attending the graduation:
- We stayed at the Hilton Princess in San Pedro Sula
- We rented a car from Hertz
- We met members of the Charlotte N.C. mission team who were on property working with the girls
- We met many sponsors of Tania and Astrid including James and Terry from Alabama, and Randy and Charlie from Marathon, FL.
- We arranged a meeting with Cindy Padilla who graduated from high school in 2009, emancipated herself shortly after and is now living near the home.
- We celebrated Rick's birthday with Jim Ellis and tia Belky's
- We shopped at City Mall, Los Andes Supermarket and bought gasoline for the car.
- We had many experiences driving in San Pedro Sula as we learned all the streets, learned to read the oneway street signs and in general adopted a style of driving practiced in Honduras.
You can learn more about Our Little Roses by visiting their website at: www.ourlittleroses.org.
Need help translating anything to another language? Visit: FreeTranslation.com
"Lord make us instruments of your peace. Where there is hatred let us know love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is discord, union. Where there is doubt, faith. Where there is despair, hope. Where there is darkness, light. Where there is sadness, joy."
"La marca del señor nosotros son instrumento de su paz. Dónde hay el odio sepamos, el amor. Dónde hay la herida, el perdón. Dónde hay la discordia, la unión. Dónde hay la duda, la fe. Dónde hay la desesperación, la esperanza."
View Photos and Journals from Previous Trips